Vicente "Panamá" Alba Pérez PanaRican Manuscript Collection
Scope and Contents
Collection consists of the manuscript for book titled PanaRican.
Conditions Governing Access
Open without restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright held by Vicente Alba Pérez.
Biographical / Historical
Vicente "Panamá" Alba Pérez, activist and community organizer. Panamá together with Richie Perez, Mickey Meléndez and others, acting under the auspices of the Committee for the Freedom of the Puerto Rican Nationalist, organized a takeover of the Statue of Liberty on October 1977.
0.2 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Vicente "Panamá" Alba Pérez was a activist and community organizer. This collection consists of the manuscript for his book titled PanaRican.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Vicente Alba Pérez.
- Committee for the Freedom of the Puerto Rican Nationalist
- Manuscripts Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Melendez, Mickey
- Nationalists -- Puerto Rico Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pérez, Richie
- Alba Perez, Vicente "Panama" (Person)
- Vicente "Panamá" Alba Pérez PanaRican Collection
- Archive staff members under the supervision of Pedro Juan Hernandez.
- August 2020
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Archives of the Puerto Rican Diaspora Repository
Silberman Building, Hunter College
2180 Third Ave. Rm. 122
New York New York 10065