National Latinas Caucus Records
The principal goal of the National Latinas Caucus was to empower women in local communities by organizing and developing networks around issues of common concern; provide opportunities for personal and professional advancement; and foster a stronger sense of self-awareness. Community activist and social worker Yolanda Sanchez was its founding member. Special projects included El Barrio Renaissance, an effort to create low and moderate income residential housing units by renovating city-owned vacant buildings and Economic/Leadership Development mini-courses for Latinas. This collection contains early administrative documents including meeting agendas and by-laws, brochures for events and membership, a housing proposal, and almost a complete run of organization's newspaper Visión.
- Creation: 1985-1991
- National Latinas Caucus (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open to researchers without restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright holder is undetermined.
0.2 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Metadata Rights Declarations
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Diana Caballero, 1991.
Archive staff members under the supervision of Pedro Juan Hernandez.
- Puerto Rican women -- Political activity -- New York (State) -- New York
- Puerto Ricans -- Housing -- New York (State) -- New York
- National Latinas Caucus Records
- Archive staff members under the supervision of Pedro Juan Hernandez.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- 2022: Revised by Susan M. Kline