Allen Davis III Puerto Rican Traveling Theatre (PRTT) Playwrights Workshop Records
Scope and Contents
Allen Davis III Puerto Rican Traveling Theatre (PRTT) Playwrights Workshop Records are organized by file and date. Included in this collection are actor resumes and headshots, play samples, reviews, playbills, and correspondences.
Puerto Rican Traveling Theatre (PRTT) Playwrights Workshop Records includes sample plays from writers from different backgrounds covering subjects like family, culture, and queerness. A lot of the plays also have written reviews with critiques and suggestions from PRTT staff.
The collection also includes documents from PRTT’s community involvement such as Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP).
There are correspondences between Allen Davis III and Miriam Colon.
- Creation: 1979-2011
- Davis, Allen, III, 1929-2019 (Donor, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Access to this collection is available at the discretion of the archivist. There are student records found throughout the collection and access will be determined at time of request.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright held by CENTRO.
6 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Metadata Rights Declarations
- License: This record is made available under an Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International Creative Commons license.
Allen Davis III was the Director of the Puerto Rican Travelling Theatre Playwrights Workshop unit for the period from 1993 to 2011, this collection documents the workshop during his tenure.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Allen Davis III.
- Allen Davis III Puerto Rican Traveling Theatre (PRTT) Playwrights Workshop Records
- August 2020
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- September 2022: Physical material was rehoused and finding aid updated by Herbert Duran.